With digital transformation thriving everywhere, success comes to the businesses that manage and improve their digital customer experience strategy, so that every customer is happy.
To transform your digital customer journey, it’s not enough to use the best practices or the best digital channels.
You need to gain a deep understanding of digital customer engagement and behavior as well as ensure each of the customers’ touchpoints with your business is delightful.
On this post:
- What is digital customer experience? Definition, management, importance.
- A step-by-step strategy to improve your digital customer experience (CX) and make it outstanding.
- Real-life examples: brands that deliver the best online CX
- Infographics in PDF
Note: I have included popular tools for each step outlined below. I was able to snag a great deal for you, our readers, to try some of these tools for yourself. For example, I worked with Lucky Orange to offer you an extended 14-day free trial with no credit card needed.
What Is Digital Customer Experience? Importance
Let’s define it:
Digital customer experience combines all the interactions customers have with your brand, products, and services online.
Digital customer experience happens through a digital interface, like a computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
Here are 2 examples of digital customer experiences:
- when a customer research a product on your website
- when a customer uses a mobile app to find your store’s nearest location
A consumer’s impression of a brand is made up of many individual touchpoints and moments that shape brand perception and loyalty.
As today’s people use so many digital channels and devices in their interactions with companies, analysis and improvement of the digital customer journey are more important than ever.
Benefits of analyzing and improving digital user experience
They allow you to:
- get valuable insights into what people are interested in or ignoring
- identify where users struggle or get confused and leave
- see how specific pages, promotions, ads or other digital assets are performing
- understand deeper your customers’ needs, cares, perceptions, preferences
- improve service and design a digital experience that ensures customer engagement and higher conversion rates
- build a superior customer experience that is a foundation of brand loyalty, customer retention, and sustainable competitive advantages.
How To Manage And Improve Digital Customer Experience?
What does it take to create a successful digital experience strategy?
It’s a matter of combining skills, software tools, and methods to get the most out of digital evolution.
The greatest success lies in gaining data and a clear understanding of what your users do on all their devices across all your digital channels.
You need to discover how each of the customers’ touchpoints with your business can bring benefits to your customers, help them achieve their goals, and make them happy.
Only this way, you can provide an exceptional customer journey that is hard to copy by your competitors.
Here are the key steps you can follow to provide outstanding and memorable digital customer experience.
Step 1: Collect And Analyze Digital Customer Data In 6 Smart Ways
Analyzing data about your website or app performance will help you track every click, scroll, mouse movement, conversion, and drop-off.
Thus, you can understand your digital customer experience better and identify where it needs changes.
Ways to collect digital customer data:
1. Explore Your Website Analytics Data
Website analytics data will enable you to see and measure the behavior of the visitors that come to your website.
There are a variety of website analytics tools that measures things like:
- the number of visitors
- where are your visitors coming from (search engines, referral websites, social media, PPC, email marketing campaigns, etc.)
- which pages visitors are looking the most at, and time spent on a page
- geographical location to find out where your users are coming from
- visitor demographics (age, gender, occupation, etc.)
- when are your visitors most active – which days, weeks and months
- what are the keywords used by visitors to find your site
- exit pages
- the path that visitors followed while browsing, and many others
By analyzing this data you can understand how effective your website is.
This is a great starting point for a range of opportunities to increase web traffic, attract, engage, and convert visitors into loyal customers.
Moreover, web analytics can help you determine market interest, target market, analyze content marketing trends, and understand some customer preferences.
The most advanced web analytics tools go further and allow you to track extra metrics like click-through rate (CTR), the number of conversations, SEO efforts, lead generation campaigns, bounce rate, email and sales campaigns, etc.
2. Use Heatmaps To Spot Key Behaviors
Image source: LuckyOrange
Web analytics allows you to track the number of clicks every button receives. But the data is scattered and it’s hard to draw conclusions.
Also, it does not show which parts of your website the customers clicking other than the CTAs (call to action elements).
This is where heatmaps come to give you more valuable insights.
A heatmap is a graphical representation of data where values are outlined by color. Heatmaps visualize complex data to help you understand it at a glance.
Website heatmaps visualize the webpage zones that get the maximum clicks and zones with minimum clicks, using colors on a scale from red to blue (as the above heatmap displays).
The red zones are the most popular ones that get the most clicks and if you hover over the buttons, you will see the total number of clicks.
Heatmaps are very useful as they show you the page parts where customers are spending the most time and where they are clicking and scrolling.
This way, you can analyze which CTAs, buttons, videos, or other clickable assets receive the most and least interactions.
There are several types of heatmap: scroll maps, click maps, attention heatmaps, geo heatmaps and move maps.
While most heatmaps are a static image, there are dynamic heatmaps that allow you to interact with your website as heatmap data populates on top.
You can analyze for engagement with your pop-ups, hover-overs, hamburger menus and more. Lucky Orange is among the popular tools with dynamic heatmap capabilities.
3. Apply Funnel Analysis To Watch The Visitors’ Flow
Image source: Lucky Orange
If you have a multi-page website, you know that your visitors move around several pages before converting into customers or buying products online.
With website analytics, you can watch the order of pages they follow from the entrance page until they convert or sign up.
Typically, many of the customers follow a similar path and pattern. You can set up this path as a funnel.
Funnel analysis is a method for visualization and mapping the flow of visitors across a set of website pages or events.
Funnel analysis allows you to understand the visitors’ steps needed to reach an outcome on a website and where they drop off during the customer experience journey.
Funnel is a great marketing tool because it helps you identify barriers and the missing connection between pages that cause users to leave before converting into clients.
When evaluating conversion funnel tools, make sure you’re able to drill deeper into the funnel to gain an understanding of why people are dropping off.
Some tools, like Lucky Orange, offer you the ability to view session recordings of visitors who dropped off at different stages in the funnel so you can diagnose the cause of drop off.
For example, a lot of visitors might go to the homepage of an e-commerce website, but only a few will reach the successful purchasing page after buying a product. A basic e-commerce funnel will look like this:
homepage > category page > product page > shopping cart > checkout > successful purchasing page
Funnel analysis observes how many visitors go through each step, highlighting issues and areas for improvement with the goal of increasing the number of visitors who reach the successful purchasing page.
4. Use Form Analysis To Discover What Helps or Harms Conversions
Image source: LuckyOrange
If your visitors go to your signup page (or other form-fill pages) only to leave without becoming a subscriber/customer, you need to rethink your signup form fields.
Form fill analysis can help you.
Form fill analysis reveals how your visitors interact with web forms. It assesses metrics such as drop-offs, refills, errors, blank submissions, and many more — for every single field within your form.
It also measures indicators such as interaction time, completion time, hesitation time, abandonment rate, etc.
Web forms are one of the most effective marketing ways for users to interact with your website.
They’re the gateway to many types of conversion you need. From building your email list and signing up new account holders to accepting payments, the forms should be designed in a way that converts.
There are powerful form analytics tools that track multiple forms at a glance and help you uncover issues, improve ease of use, and increase conversions.
They let you optimize your forms and improve the user’s sign-up experience and the overall digital customer journey.
5. Uncover Visitors’ Mind With Feedback Surveys
Image source: Crowdsignal
Online feedback surveys are tools used to collect customer feedback on websites and apps.
They help you acquire feedback from a specific audience in seconds and find out whether or not users have reached their web goals, e.g. ordering your product or getting online support.
Feedback campaigns are like a game-changer for your web or app marketing strategy.
Customer feedback analysis can help you identify and eliminate digital experience issues and show you why customers aren’t converting.
Insightful feedback analysis can also help you guide digital marketing campaigns that are focused on what your customers really want.
Whether it’s a broken button or poor form design, visitors can share honest and valuable feedback.
Today’s feedback analysis tools are powerful ways to collect data that allow you to measure your performance and see the impact your web changes have over time.
6. Ensure Better Results With A/B Testing
When you are about to change your website or app, how would you find out if the new variation will work with your customers?
With A/B testing.
A/B testing is a great method of comparing two versions of a webpage or app against each other. The purpose is to discover which one performs better.
At its core, A/B testing is an experiment where two or more versions of a page are shown to users, and data analysis is applied to define which variation brings better results.
A/B testing eliminates your or your team’s subjectivity.
For example, if you want to change the design of your signup page, you might strongly believe that the new design would be a hit among customers compared to the current one.
But, the A/B testing can show quite the opposite – that the conversion rate is higher with the existing page compared to the new design.
A/B testing allows marketers to make effective changes to their digital customer experiences while collecting and measuring data on the results.
Data analytics is a powerful way to understand your website’s performance, identify where it needs changes, and improve your digital customer experience.
From the heatmaps to funnel analysis and feedback surveys, you should combine every aspect of analytics. Only then, you can obtain a deep and holistic view of digital customer behavior and act upon it.
Step 2: Create Excellent Digital Customer Experience By Focusing On These 4 Areas
Excellent customer experience can keep any business alive and profitable.
Yes, the data analytics can give you all you need to understand visitors’ behavior, habits, and interests.
But you need to go further and figure out how to provide a digital experience that will be a perfect fit for your customers.
Here are 4 critical methods to improve customer experience in the digital age.
1. Personalize Customer Experience To Speak To Your Customers On An Individual Level
Personalized experiences are one of the hottest marketing topics these days.
A personalized experience is a tailored experience to every customer’s specific wants, tastes, and needs.
According to customer expectations research by Salesforce:
- “59% of customers say tailored engagement based on past interactions is very important to winning their business.”
Personalization of marketing content is a great way to make sure your message speaks to each of your customers on an individual level.
It captures consumer attention, converts leads into customers, increases revenue, leads to winning user experience, and even fosters brand loyalty.
How does personalization work?
Via specialized tools that enable you to collect data about customers – location, gender, website behavior, interactions with your brand, user preferences, etc.
Then, the tools use that data to help you send hyper-personalized and relevant offers, mails, messages, ads, tips, and opportunities to customers.
Personalization can take many forms including tailored product recommendations, personalized email marketing campaigns, mobile personalization, social media personalization, targeted notifications, personalized couponing, online ad retargeting, customized video, etc.
Ways to provide personalized digital customer experience:
- Get to know your customers by name, especially those who are loyal.
- Encourage customers to create user profiles on your website platform. Thus, you can monitor their behavior and anticipate their needs so you can send them relevant suggestions.
- Segment your customers. Segments are the key to the success of each marketing campaign. For example, the marketing segmentation of email subscribers allows you to send only relevant content to each subscriber and ensure nobody is ‘spammed.’
- Seek regular customer feedback. Listen, analyze, and understand your customer feedback. Thus, you will be able to put your customers first.
- Implement geotargeting. It means to use the customer’s location to personalize the experience. Thus, you can send more tailored offers associated with weather, national holidays, special occasions, etc.
- Use special software tools for building personalization campaigns at scale. They can customize your marketing content based on your customers’ characteristics and behaviors.
2. Ensure Omnichannel Flexibility To Engage Customers Where They Are
Today digital-savvy customers use multiple web channels to interact with your brand.
So it is imperative to ensure a seamless journey across all channels, from web and mobile apps to email and phone.
A flexible omnichannel customer experience combines individual customer touchpoints, over a variety of channels that seamlessly integrate.
It allows customers to leave one channel and continues the experience on another. In other words, your customers can shift between channels without losing context.
Your customers should be able to shop or interact with your brand online from a desktop or mobile device, or by telephone, and their experience should be seamless.
A good omnichannel strategy ensures all the channels have a similar design, message continuity, consistent branding, easy-to-navigate interface, lush experience, etc.
Supporting multiple channels within a single interaction provides vital benefits. It allows you to engage customers, streamline customer service, drive lasting relationships, and improve marketing and business performance.
Ways to provide omnichannel customer experience:
- Deliver relevant content that provides valuable information – regardless of channel. Optimize your content for high engagement.
- Make sure that actions your users take while using one channel impact all other channels. For example, if a user adds a product to a shopping cart using one of your channels, every channel needs to reflect that.
- Promote all of your channels equally. Avoid promoting only one of them. If a customer prefers a channel other than the one you promote, the customer might expect a poorer experience with fewer features or content.
- Provide a responsive design on each channel. Your brand content should display well, regardless of the screen size.
- Coordinate with other departments. All departments (such as marketing, sales, etc.) should be ready to contribute and understand the goals of the initiative.
- Use omnichannel marketing software tools. They allow you to manage customer journeys across multiple channels.
3. Provide Ease Of Use, Simplicity, And Speed
To keep your customers, keep their experiences simple.
Today, people value their time more than ever before.
The work-life balance is a hot topic and customers have a low tolerance for experiences that need more time than they are prone to give.
Great digital customer experience is easy-to-use instead of complicated, fast instead of slow, pleasant instead of neutral and boring.
Consumer expectations are sky-high. If you can’t provide Ease Of Use, Simplicity, and Speed, they have a plethora of options available besides your business.
Ways to provide Ease Of Use, Simplicity, and Speed into your digital customer experience.
- Define the actions or steps that the users will go through when they visit your website or app. For example, they might first go on the homepage, click on a parent category, then on a sub-category, then on the shopping cart page and finally purchase. Make sure they can take each of these actions with ease on each device they are using.
- Provide great purchase convenience and ease. Your customers should have the ability to conduct end-to-end transactions seamlessly. Keep things simple at the shopping process by avoiding lengthy forms requiring user names and questions unrelated to the purchase. Request only the necessary details such as name, email, delivery address. Don’t force users to sign up for accounts before purchase – provide a guest checkout process, with the option to create an account after purchase.
- Shorten the customer journey – don’t make your users take many steps from start to finish. Too many steps can make users lose interest. Keep steps and users’ actions short and sweet!
- Be consistent and keep your fonts and buttons the same across your pages to avoid confusion and ensure smoother transitions within your site.
- Use readable fonts and limit them to one or two that match your brand’s personality.
- Provide fewer but valuable images that are attractive and resonate with your target audience. Use simple animations that are purposeful and unobtrusive.
- Speed up your website. Site speed is one of the most important factors to improve digital customer experience. Stick to the ideal loading time of a site which is between 1-2 seconds. Choosing the right web hosting solution is the key to great page speed.
4. Enhance Your User Experience With Digital Loyalty Program
Digital loyalty programs can enhance your customer experience, ensure more digital customer engagement, build and support emotional connections with new and old customers.
Digital loyalty programs offer more powerful advantages compared to traditional ones.
For example, a mobile loyalty app cuts the clutter in the physical wallet, provides more convenience, greater variety, saves people’s time and effort.
However, a successful loyalty program cannot be done by humans alone.
It requires implementing tools with advanced technology, such as machine learning that analyze past purchases, understands the context of buying habits and then offers relevant and personalized loyalty options at scale.
Digital customer loyalty programs done in the right way are win-wins for brands and consumers.
They not only bring additional revenue to your business but make customers happy with perks and rewards. All this ensures a better digital customer experience.
Ways to provide successful loyalty programs:
- Create personalized offers, discounts, and rewards to your customer’s preferred touchpoints across the entire customer journey.
- Make signing-up and using loyalty programs as easy as possible. For example, provide multiple methods of using (via mobile, desktop or even social media) or save data about what a customer ordered previously so they can easily add it to their shopping cart.
- Give spontaneous rewards to your loyalty program members such as a free or discounted product on their birthday each year. This way you can make your customers feel happy and appreciated by your business.
- Offer unique rewards, not just “free things.” Be strategic when choosing your types and forms of rewards. Make sure they are aligned with customers’ wants and needs.
- Ask for members’ feedback about your loyalty program. Thus, you can actively listen to customers, gain ideas for improvements or unique rewards, and show customers you care.
- Share positive customer experiences to let others know about the benefits that your company can provide.
Step 3: Go Beyond Excellent Digital Customer Experience. Make It Outstanding And Memorable With These 4 Methods
Customer experience is a timeless concept. It is the most important way for brands to strongly differentiate themselves in a crowded market.
The above 4 areas are the basics of excellent digital customer service that cover the best practices.
However, if you want to truly succeed in our hyper-competitive landscape and aim to provide something special that sets you apart from competitors, you need to go beyond the average good enough experience.
The industry disrupters such as Amazon and Uber set the bar too high. As a result, customers expect from every other brand enjoyable, seamless, innovative and even extraordinary interactions.
So, you have to compete at a higher level. You need to make your digital customer experience memorable and outstanding.
The chance to provide service that stands out is available to almost any business that really cares about customer service and is willing to innovate.
Here are 4 methods to help you go above and beyond.
1. Apply Artificial Intelligence (AI) To Redefine Your Customer Experience
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
AI is a complex technology that allows computers to perform tasks that usually people perform (such as communication with customers). AI works via a variety of software tools.
The AI tools can process and analyze a huge amount of data, then make conclusions and predictions based on that data. AI software is also used for automating repetitive tasks.
Why is AI important?
Artificial intelligence in business has made customers and brands to welcome the new era of customer service.
It takes digital customer experience to new dimensions and standards while allowing you to improve any interaction between customers and your company.
Ignoring the potential of AI opens a door for forward-thinking competitors to outperform you.
AI has the power to make digital customer service smooth, enjoyable, and reliable.
From assisting in booking tickets and buying products to making reservations and scheduling appointments, AI can help your customers get what they want, wherever and whenever they want it.
Ways you can implement AI in your customer service:
- Use AI-powered chatbots. They make customers feel constantly supported by being available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at non-working days, and even on Holidays. Chatbots can simultaneously assist a vast number of customers and provide them with answers instantly, in real-time. Users don’t need to wait to get responses or solutions. Moreover, chatbots can keep your customers engaged with interactive conversations.
- Utilize AI-based predictive analytics. It can predict touchpoints where visitors may convert to clients, forecast customer behavior based on historical data (such as past purchasing), identify which marketing channels (social media, email, etc.) provide the best results, catch signals that indicate the customer is not satisfied with the digital experience, etc.
- Apply AI for automation. AI-driven automation tools help you not only automate a variety of repetitive tasks. They allow you to gain a deep understanding of the customer journey, attract leads, and convert them into sales. Moreover, they allow you to build long-term relationships by engaging with people at scale.
- Use AI in your video marketing. There are AI-powered tools that can detect emotions and measure user facial expressions while people watching your videos. Thus, you will know how viewers react to your video content. The tools can also provide insight into your customers’ viewing behavior. Thus, you can understand where and why viewers stop watching and which video content provides better user engagement and experience.
- AI for deeper engagement. AI allows you to engage customers continuously with activities like running fun social media competitions, doing quizzes on smartphones or offering customers interesting video content.
2. Use The Great Power Of Chatbots
A chatbot is a software that imitates human conversation (or a chat) with users over websites, mobile apps, phones, etc. It’s an AI-powered digital assistant that communicates with people.
Chatbots are dramatically changing the whole marketing landscape.
They can ensure that your marketing message is personalized, at scale, and in real-time.
A chatbot is able to analyze and turn raw customer data into a conversation. To answer customer queries, chatbots use data from previous conversations, orders, browsing behavior, emails, telephone transcripts, documents, etc.
Unlike humans, chatbots can instantly process huge amounts of data relating to an individual customer.
Thereby, chatbot allows instant personalization of responses designed to drive customer engagement.
When it comes to the powerful benefits of AI and data analytics in marketing, chatbots have a top place.
Chatbots can perfectly meet the high user expectations of the digital experience that is fluid, easy, fast, fun, omnichannel, possible on the fly, available anytime and anywhere.
Key benefits of chatbots for your marketing and digital customer experience:
- Instant answers to customers’ questions.
- They are available to customers always – 24/7, 365.
- They are actively collecting and analyzing data while chatting with customers or leads. If they’ve talked with a user in the past, they have data on the previous conversations and can use that data to answer better to customers.
- Provide extensive customer engagement and assistance as help users to understand which of your products fit their needs or budgets.
- Present to customers valuable content such as product pages, images, blog posts, videos, etc.
- Endless patience
- Great scalability – chatbots can simultaneously manage a vast number of conversations.
- Chatbots work in social media platforms, collecting data about every single user.
- They can boost your sales as offer personalized shopping advice based on the customer’s purchase history.
- They are a great solution for collecting feedback from customers as chatbots naturally introduce questions in the conversations with users.
3. Create Unique Experience With Augmented Reality (AR)
AR creates a whole new world of untapped and unique possibilities to improve your digital customer experience as never before.
AR is a set of technologies that superimpose virtual objects to reality. It creates the illusion that computer-generated images and real-world images are in the same space by overlapping them.
In other words, it allows you to put virtual objects in your real environment and situation.
Imagine you want to add a sky with the sun to the ceiling in your room. AR can do it with the help of specially designed smartphone apps.
Of course, marketing and business can benefit immensely from AR.
For instance, an AR mobile app can give the customers who shop online the chance to view the product, in the same way, they would if they were in a physical store. This allows customers to see how the product fits into their lives before the purchasing decision.
AR objects can be watched virtually with the help of customers’ smartphone camera or a mobile application.
In other words, if you want to provide your customers with AR experience, you need to create an AR app tailored to your specific business needs and goals.
Key benefits of AR for your marketing and digital customer experience:
- AR creates a rich, fun, immersive and interactive user experience as it enables users to feel a personal touch to your online content that they ‘‘augment’’.
- AR can make your brand more reliable. AR gives your customers the chance to experience your products virtually before purchasing. If they like the products or services, they can purchase it later with greater assurance that the product would fit their needs. So, AR ensures the reliability of your brand.
- It allows you to create a strong virtual connection between your customers and your brand, regardless of the place. Through an AR mobile app, you can provide customers with virtual services or a tour of any location. For example, customers can make a property tour of your business locations by using your AR app while sitting at home.
- AR can significantly increase your customer satisfaction with the help of innovative and fun possibilities. For example, you can create an AR app that provides your customers with access to fun games or other activities whenever they make an online purchase through your website.
- AR helps you stand out from the competition.
4. Focus On Customer Success Management – The Most Powerful Opportunity
It’s clear that your business needs to provide exceptional digital customer journey to be successful.
But in our world where customers have almost limitless options, a great customer journey alone isn’t enough to achieve sustainable business growth.
So, what else can you do to succeed? You can focus on customer success — the most powerful opportunity.
Because customer success has a huge impact on your own success.
And what is customer success management?
It is a process and methodology that ensures customers achieve the maximum value from your product or service.
The ultimate goal is to make it easy for customers to take all of the benefits of your product or service they have purchased.
This helps customers grow, feel happy, and achieve their goals while shaping and improving their relationship with your business.
The results for your business from customer success include decreased churn, increased customer acquisition and retention, improved customer happiness and loyalty for greater revenue.
Ways to provide and maintain customer success:
- Customer success should be your top priority.
- Understand your customer’s goals. Every customer has an end goal when they purchase. Find out if and where your product fits into these goals. Then you can segment customers by their purposes.
- Hire a customer success manager and build a customer success team. They will be the primary point of contact for customers’ concerns. The customer success team aims to provide the best customer experience possible, keep customers satisfied and ensure the customer can take maximum advantage of your product or service seamlessly.
- Ensure support for your customers at every step of their journey, beginning before the first sale and sticking with them until they achieve their desired result (success).
- Get the right software tools. There are a variety of software programs that can help you manage and measure your customer success efforts. They provide features like automatic alerts, customer segmentation, customer progress reports, etc.
- Create a roadmap for success to outline the customer journey and identify the gaps and opportunities.
- Define metrics to measure customer success. Popular metrics that a customer success team track include usage activity (logins, time spent on an app, number of active users, etc.), feature adoption (successful adoption of new features that are relevant to the customer’s use case), support interactions, account retention, upsells or expansion, customer lifetime value, and customer acquisition cost.
- Integrate data analysis. Data analytics in marketing can do wonders for customer success. It can help you deeply understand your customer’s needs and desired outcomes. Moreover, it can allow you to provide personalization and individual communication to customers and thus make your customers feel truly valued.
Real-Life Examples: Brands That Deliver The Best Digital Customer Experience
1. Sephora’s Customer Experience Can Inspire Everyone
Regardless of the industry you’re operating in, there’s something important to learn from Sephora’s digital customer experience.
Brilliantly incorporation artificial intelligence and technology into their user experience (UX), Sephora makes customers’ lives easier.
Sephora (the international cosmetics and beauty retailer) has designed a variety of online tools to help every customer find products that best fit their needs.
2 of the most popular their tools are:
- Sephora’s Color IQ – a tool powered by artificial intelligence that scans the surface of shoppers’ skin and then provides the best recommendations for foundation and concealer.
- Sephora Visual Artist – a 3D live experience that allows customers to “try on” makeup before purchasing it. Customers can instantly try on an eye, lip, and cheek makeup via the Sephora app or via the web version. The Sephora Visual Artist is powered by augmented reality and boosts conversion rates through more accurate facial tracking.
Sephora also has one of the best reward programs – Beauty Insider. This loyalty program gives clients access to exclusive gifts, bonus points, VIP rewards, event invitations, early access to select products, and many others.
With their app – Sephora Mobile – the company has pioneered the use of mobile in beauty.
The app gives users on-the-go access to exclusive offers, daily inspirations, exclusive access to previews and promotions, recommendations based on every user’s beauty traits, etc.
With these and many other innovations and creative offers, Sephora ensures that online shoppers get the most out of every visit and receive a delightful customer experience.
2. Starbucks Shines With Omnichannel Customer Experience That Delights
Starbucks’ mobile app is an amazing tool that seamlessly connects the in-store journey with digital customer experience.
The app is an order-and-pay type of app that allows users to order a drink, pay ahead on, and pick it up in a store without waiting in line. In other words, users can walk in and without waiting in line, ask a barista for their freshly made order at the pickup area.
Their app has quickly become the easiest option to pay with a smartphone for Starbucks visitors.
Moreover, a study reveals that Starbucks has the most popular loyalty rewards app (48%) among many major restaurant chains.
Why is the app so liked and regularly used?
The answer is digital customer engagement.
The Starbucks app is also a reward app that provides one of the top omnichannel experiences out there.
First, the customers get a free reward card that they can use whenever they make a purchase.
Users can check and reload their reward card via phone, website, in-store, or on the app. Any change to this card gets updated across all channels, in real-time.
The rewards app gives a number of benefits for users such as earning stars for every dollar spent, special member offers, free in-store refills, the ability to pay by phone, etc.
The rewards program also offers great personalization for users, including a free beverage on the user’s birthday and personalized recommendations based upon the past purchasing history of every user.
Combining user-friendly design, engaging loyalty programs, and seamless integration with other platforms, Starbucks ‘ mobile app provides a delightful digital customer journey.
3. Nike Offers Innovative Experiences That Take Customers To The Future
Nike creates a new digital retail experience that seamlessly combines retail store, eCommerce and mobile customer journeys.
With the help of unique omnichannel strategy and latest technologies such as augmented reality and artificial intelligence, Nike builds strong relationships with customers all over the world.
Nike provides a bunch of great mobile apps – Run Club, Training Club, SNKRS app, and a shopping-centric retail app, called Nike.
They offer customers almost everything. From lifestyle inspiration and expert assistance to exclusive access to products and events, Nike apps act like users’ daily destination for the world of sport.
But their scanning solution Nike Fit makes unique use of augmented reality to take customer experience to the next level.
Nike Fit scanning feature uses a combination of computer vision, data science, artificial intelligence, and recommendation algorithms, to scan users’ feet and find the right shoe that best fits them.
It measures the full shape of both feet, offering customers the ability to know their truly perfect fit for each Nike shoe style.
And users can do it all in augmented reality, using the Nike app on their smartphone.
Using customers’ smartphone’s camera, Nike Fit can make a hyper-accurate scan of the foot dimension. Then the scan can be stored in users’ NikePlus member profiles and easily used for future shopping online and in-store.
The fitness brand Nike is a world-famous example of transforming the consumer experience, through app integrations, AI-powered personalization, membership services and much more.
The success of your business is so much more than providing a high-quality product or making customers purchase your offers.
Fuelled by technology, customers are now more powerful than ever before and they want more value, greater service, and an exceptional experience from every brand, including yours.
Building a memorable digital customer experience that stands out is the key to success for almost any business today.
I hope, the above guide helps you outline your digital user strategy and give you ideas on how to meet or exceed your digital customer expectations.